Thursday 22 July 2010

OpenInsight 9.x End-User Benefits



Since the RUG and my road trip with Mike, I have had a number of requests for a document that details the benefits to end-users in the 9.x series. Whilst the majority of the benefits are for developers, there are a large number of enhancements that will benefit end-users.

I was planning on blogging the list, but the document grew to a size where this is not effectively possible. Revelation have packed so much into the 9.x release :). For this reason and a few others, I am planning on making the document available on request. Please drop me an email to my usual address (or comment below) and I’ll get a copy to you via email.

The document itself is divided into two main sections. The first is divided into categories based on the tools and each benefit is listed with a few lines of explanation. The second section is a two page bullet point list that simply summarises the key points.

I hope that this will become useful for those of you, like me, who need to justify the annual license fee to your end-users who are currently on 8.0.8 or prior and who you now need to move into the 9.x series.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Martyn - a concise summary and very presentable. (I tried to add a comment on the blog, but couldn't do it without a profile)

    Cheers, M@

    ReplyDelete